How to change subscription pricing to existing subscribers (Stripe)
Here's how to update pricing in Leaky Paywall and Stripe for existing customers.
- Create a new subscription level in Leaky Paywall that includes your new pricing
- Copy the direct subscription level link and proceed to check out for that new level as if you were a new subscriber. Do not pay on step 2!
- Next, head over to Stripe and go Products -> select new product with new pricing that we generated in step 2
- Copy the API ID and save it as we'll need to come back to this later.
- Find a customer that you'd like to change pricing for.
- Add the new product that we created to the account.
- Be sure to delete the existing product that contains the old pricing.
- Next, if you want the pricing to start on the next billing cycle, turn off the prorate option.
- Now, we need to copy the API ID from step 4 over to Leaky Paywall for the customer in question
- In addition, make sure to make the subscription level to the new level.